Visit the Family Life Center and you’ll discover First Baptist Concord’s exuberant Concord Sports Ministry! Our facilities, programs, and sports leagues reach children and adults throughout the community, giving us opportunities to connect with those who do not know Christ.
From softball to weightlifting to quilting, we’ve got something for everyone, so bring the whole family and invite your friends!
Concord Sports Coach Registration
Thank you so much for considering serving as a head or an assistant coach in our sports leagues. This wonderful ministry would not happen without our MANY volunteer coaches. We truly appreciate each of you! We hope that each of you will join us in our passion for sharing Christ through sports.
Below are a few important details that we need to share to those who are considering coaching:
- The primary reason we offer sports programs is to share Jesus with young athletes in a positive way that will hopefully impact them throughout the rest of their lives while they learn and practice skills for their sport. We require all of our head coaches to have a personal commitment to Jesus and to regularly attend a church. Devotion time is mandatory and must be included in your practice sessions.
- It is not crucial that you have been an athlete in the past, but you will need to be able to teach the sport specific skills to the players. It is a good idea to pair coaches together that can address both the spiritual aspect, as well as the physical aspect of the sport.
- We will provide you with everything you need to make coaching as easy as possible – i.e., rules/guidelines, devotions, and all equipment. We start off each season with a coach’s meeting where you will receive your coach’s manual, roster, practice schedule and game schedule. We will go over everything at the coach’s meeting and try to answer any questions you have.
- Forms that you must either fill out and return to Concord Sports or just read for information if you decide to coach are listed below. You can print these out, and if needed, return to our office:
- Background Check - if you are new this year (or yours is older than 3 years) this will need to be filled out and returned. Download form HERE
- Concussion Information Sheet – (FYI) check the box on the coach form that you are familiar with this information. Download form HERE
- Child Protection Policy – (FYI) initial on coach info sheet that you have received this information. Download form HERE
Sign up to be a Coach HERE
Family Life Center
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 6 AM - 9 PM
- Wednesday : 6 AM - 6 PM
- Saturday: 8 AM - Noon
- Sunday: Closed
- 2 Full-size Basketball Courts
- Racquetball Court
- Exercise & Wellness Room
- Aerobics Room
- Walking Track
- The Café at Concord
Concord Sports Links
There are no upcoming events for this ministry.
Bill Bayless Concord Sports Assistant
Charlotte Zimmermann Director of Concord Sports
Rachel Piotrowski Concord Sports Assistant
Stefanie Fugate Exercise and Wellness Coordinator
Veronica Robinette Concord Sports Assistant