Expedition: A Discipleship Pathway
noun - a journey or voyage undertaken by a group of people with a particular purpose
In an attempt to address the needs of believers as they mature in their walk with Christ, the format of the Expedition Discipleship Pathway is as follows.
The Way (Basics)
- The Inner Life: Understanding Discipleship (Daily Quiet Time, Prayer, Bible Reading, Spiritual Disciplines, Spiritual Gifts)
- Faithfully involved in corporate worship and a open Bible Study Group
- Starting Point
- Survey of the Old Testament
- Survey of the New Testament
- What Every Christian Ought To Know
The Truth (Doctrine)
- Theology Course
- Doctrine: The Baptist Faith & Message
- Christian Worldview
- Foundations (Genesis 1-11)
- Study of Cults
- Church History
- Books of the Bible
The Life (Application)
- Evangelism: How To Share The Gospel
- Prayer: How to Pray
- Financial Stewardship
- Men’s Ministry/Fight for Manhood
- Women’s Ministry/Studies
- Spiritual Leadership
- Ministry Training (for various church ministries)
The core of the Expedition Pathway is an intentional process that seeks to mature believers. Completion of any course requires a minimum 75% attendance.
The journey of your Expedition starts at Basic Camp. The requirements for completing the Basic Camp of the Expedition Pathway are as follows:
Expedition: Base Camp:
- The Way: Three total courses
One required course: What Every Christian Ought To Know
Two elective courses
- The Truth: Two total courses
One required course: The Baptist Faith & Message
One elective course being either Christian Worldview or Apologetics
- The Life: Two required courses
(1) Evangelism: How To Share The Gospel, and (2) How To Pray
Upon completion of the Expedition Base Camp, further achievement can be gained through the Advanced Camp. The requirements to obtain the Advanced Camp are as follows:
Expedition: Advanced Camp
- The Way: Completion of The Way requirements in Base Camp plus one additional elective course
- The Truth: Completion of The Truth requirements in Base Camp plus Foundations.
- The Life: Completion of The Life requirements in Base Camp plus one required course, Spiritual Leadership.
Upon completion of the Base and Advanced Camps, one can then journey further up the mountain via The Summit. The Summit is designed to help prepare someone to serve and provide experience in a particular ministry area. Working with the leader who oversees the chosen ministry area, the requirements for achieving The Summit are as follows:
Expedition: The Summit
- The Way: Completion of The Way requirements in Base and Advanced Camps
- The Truth: Completion of The Truth requirements in Base and Advanced Camps one additional elective course.
- The Life: Completion of The Life requirements in Base and Advanced Camps plus training in your area of service.
Winter/Spring 2020 Classes - Starting Jan 22
The Inner Life: Understanding Discipleship
- Daily Quiet Time, Prayer, Bible Reading, Spiritual Disciplines, Spiritual Gifts
- Wednesdays | 6:30 PM | F100 | Dr. Joe Wasmond
Survey of the New Testament
- Author Paul Benware examines the anticipation, institution and fulfillment of the New Covenant.
- Wednesdays, 6:30 PM | F101 |
What Every Christian Ought to Know
- A well-organized, well-grasp of topics such as salvation, eternal security, prayer, the Holy Spirit, finding God’s will and how to better understand it all.
- Wednesdays | 6:30 PM | F201 | Danny Hood
- This study helps seekers explore the claims of Christ and provides Christians with the knowledge to articulate their faith that Jesus stands tall above all other gods.
- Wednesdays | 6:30 PM | F203 | Troy Brown
- Experience the reality of Bible events like never before and live through the inspiring lives of key characters in Scripture.
- Wednesdays | 6:30 PM | G202 | Allan Taylor
- This class will offer Biblical, practical insight and encouragement about strengthening and then thriving in marriage.
- Wednesdays | 6:30 PM | F202 | Pastors Victor Lee and Jamie Dewald
Financial Peace University
- Through FPU, you CAN take control of your money, get out of debt and create a plan for your future.
- Wednesdays | 6:30 PM | F102 | Jim Hollingsworth
- This class is continuing from last fall, but you are more than welcome to jump in with us as we study the spiritual warfare Christians face.
- Wednesdays | 6:30 PM | Fellowship Hall | Jeff Rowe
ROMANS (Precepts Women’s Study)
- Romans 1 – 5 explains the foundational doctrines of our faith – original sin, justification, redemption and propitiation. Gain an excellent grasp of the doctrine of salvation!
- Wednesdays | 6:30 PM | G200 | Ruth Geiger & Carol Jordan
- Wednesdays | 2 PM | Tellico Village | Melody Dunaway
|WED | 6:30PM | REGISTER||WED | 2PM | REGISTER|
TRUSTWORTHY (Women’s Study)
- During this study on 1 & 2 Kings, Lysa Terkerst is in Israel and honestly reveals the places of distrust in her own heart while exploring the deeply applicable Scriptures that will teach us to trust God.
- Mondays | 6:30 PM | Missions Training Center | Rhonda Sallas
- Thursdays | 9 AM | Missions Training Center | Angelia Blalock & Sylvia Frejd
|MON | 6:30PM | REGISTER||THURS | 9AM | REGISTER|
2 CORINTHIANS (Precepts – CoEd)
- During this study, we will learn how to be strong in the Lord when accusations and persecutions are directed toward us, how to have confidence in Him and not lose heart and even how to correct those who are our accusers.
- Thursdays | 9 AM & 6:30 PM | G207 | Brenda Folz
- This training will provide some answers as to what a life on mission looks like here in our own community, across Knoxville, in Cleveland, New York City and in multiple regions around the globe. In January, this class will be offered on January 22 & 29.
- 2nd & 3rd Wednesdays of the Month | 6:30 PM | Missions Training Center | Tim Hood
- Divorce Care offers a safe place to help people who are experiencing separation and divorce find help for the hurts, hope for the future and to experience God's healing power.
- Mondays | 6:30 PM | F112 | Robby & Jennifer Martin
- Adoptive and Foster Parent Support Group. We will look at the book Faith, Hope and Connection.
- Wednesdays | 6:30 PM | F111 | Jason and Kim Draper
EVERY MAN A WARRIOR (Men’s Study)
- This is a discipleship Bible study that helps men succeed in life. It deals with the battles that men fight every day and how God has solutions.
- Wednesdays | 6:30 PM | F206 | Bill Mancini
CULTIVATING HOLY BEAUTY (Women’s Study)
- Hurt people, hurt people. Each of us carry wounds, whether caused by choices we’ve made or by no fault of our own. In the process of encountering Jesus in your hurt places, you will finally walk in forgiveness and freedom by allowing Jesus to heal you.
- Wednesdays | 6:30 PM | F110 | Lee Mancini
- Learn to face both storms and deserts with courage and trust in Jesus, and discover how tests in our journeys of faith reveal the true condition of our hearts.
- Thursdays | 10:30 AM | G200 | LuAnne Wade
There are no upcoming events for this ministry.