Concord Sports - Kids
- Text FBCSPORTS to 57711 and hit send
- You will receive a text back asking you if you want to opt in - you have to reply "YES" to complete the process.
FORMS TO BE APPROVED:
Concord Sports Coach Registration
Thank you so much for considering serving as a head or an assistant coach in our sports leagues. This wonderful ministry would not happen without our MANY volunteer coaches. We truly appreciate each of you! We hope that each of you will join us in our passion for sharing Christ through sports.
Below are a few important details that we need to share to those who are considering coaching:
- The primary reason we offer sports programs is to share Jesus with young athletes in a positive way that will hopefully impact them throughout the rest of their lives while they learn and practice skills for their sport. We require all of our head coaches to have a personal commitment to Jesus and to regularly attend a church. Devotion time is mandatory and must be included in your practice sessions.
- It is not crucial that you have been an athlete in the past, but you will need to be able to teach the sport specific skills to the players. It is a good idea to pair coaches together that can address both the spiritual aspect, as well as the physical aspect of the sport.
- We will provide you with everything you need to make coaching as easy as possible – i.e., rules/guidelines, devotions, and all equipment. We start off each season with a coach’s meeting where you will receive your coach’s manual, roster, practice schedule and game schedule. We will go over everything at the coach’s meeting and try to answer any questions you have.
- Forms that you must either fill out and return to Concord Sports or just read for information if you decide to coach are listed below. You can print these out, and if needed, return to our office:
- Background Check - if you are new this year (or yours is older than 3 years) this will need to be filled out and returned. Download form HERE
- Concussion Information Sheet – (FYI) check the box on the coach form that you are familiar with this information. Download form HERE
- Child Protection Policy – (FYI) initial on coach info sheet that you have received this information. Download form HERE
Register to be a Basketball Coach
Concord Basketball teaches the fundamentals of basketball, good sportsmanship, and the Good News of God’s love. Children receive the support and encouragement they need to feel part of a team.
Concord Basketball is primarily a volunteer led organization and we need your help! We need head and assistant coaches in all leagues. We also need volunteers in the following areas: sorting uniforms, team parent assistant, and league commissioners for each grade level. If you would be interested in volunteering for one of these positions, please note it on your registration form. Email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Registration is now OPEN.
- WAIT LIST: If registration states that it is CLOSED, please click on the WAIT LIST link to be placed on it. If a spot opens up, we will contact you.
- Concord Basketball is offered to boys and girls, 1st-6th Grade
- Cost is $90 per player
- Practices/Season will begin November 30th
- Games begin January 9th
Registration is NOW OPEN:
- 1st - 2nd Grade Girls
- 1st - 2nd Grade Boys
- 3rd - 4th Grade Girls
- 3rd - 4th Grade Boys
- 5th - 6th Grade Girls
- 5th - 6th Grade Boys
Concord Flag Football
This league offers boys and girls the opportunity to play football in a noncompetitive, Christian environment. Devotions are presented at every practice.
- Registration will open June 15! Register online by league (multiple children within the same league will require different email addresses)
- Concord Flag Football is offered to boys and girls, ages Kindergarten - 7th Grade
- Evaluations will be held from 5 - 7 PM on July 28 (for 2nd - 7th graders)
- Teams practice one day a week beginning in August and play games on Saturdays in September and October
- Practices and games take place at the Kingston Pike fields
- Once spaces are full in this league, registration will close
- Registration fee is $90
Registration is NOW OPEN:
Concord Spring Soccer
Concord Soccer provides the opportunity for children to enjoy the game of soccer while learning important principles such as sportsmanship, teamwork and Christ-likeness.
- Registration now OPEN!
- Concord Spring Soccer is offered to boys and girls, ages 4 Years - 5th Grade
- Games are played on Saturdays in March – May
- Practices and games take place on the Farragut Campus
- 4 Year Olds
- 5 Year Olds – Kindergarten
- 1-2 Grade Girls
- 1-2 Grade Boys
- 3-5 Grade Girls
- 3-5 Grade Boys
Summer Sports Camps
Summer Sports Camps are designed to teach the fundamentals of basketball and cheerleading in a fun, engaging environment. Coach to camper ratio is kept low to ensure quality instruction and individual attention. We offer Basketball & Cheer Camp.
- We will not have Summer Sports Camps for 2020
- All grades are for the upcoming school year.
- What to bring: Please wear comfortable clothing and tennis shoes and don't forget your clearly marked water bottle.
There are no upcoming events for this ministry.