Welcome to Concord Kids!
Here at Concord, we believe that there are three areas each family needs to be involved in on a regular basis: Worship, Groups and Service. Every Sunday, your family has an opportunity to attend a worship service at 9 AM and 10:45 AM and attend a group or serve on campus during the opposite hour. With this in mind, we have a strategy that includes two options for your Kindergarten - 3rd graders and a new pre-teen ministry for your 4th and 5th graders.
Concord Kids Sunday Mornings
Kindergarten - 3rd Grade
Bible Study Groups - 9a
Bible Study Groups - will be an awesome time where kids explore God's Word through activities, lessons, games, prayer and more. Your kids will have consistent leaders who will get to know them, pray for them and help them to grow in their faith. Drop-off and Pick-up will follow Step 3 Gathering Plan. If the weather permits, we will also spend some time outside on the playgrounds and fields.
REV (Kids Worship in classrooms) - will be an action-packed worship hour filled with music, games, skits, teaching, prayer, activities and more. Your kids will also have consistent leaders who will worship with them and lead them in small group discussion about what they just heard from God’s Word. If the weather permits, we will also spend some time outside on the playgrounds and fields.
If your K – 3rd grader attends both hours on a Sunday, they will spend one hour in Kid Groups and the other in REV and we will help transition them for you. If your family currently attends only one hour on a Sunday (either 9 AM or 11 AM), your K – 3rd grader can choose to attend either Kid Groups or REV.
4th - 5th Grade: LEVEL UP
Each Sunday morning, 4th & 5th graders will check-in at the Concord Kids lobby for either 9 AM or 11 AM and then head to their classroom for a time of Bible study, games, discussion and great activities. Check-in begins 20 minutes prior to each service hour. Your kids will have consistent leaders who will get to know them, pray for them, and help impact them for Christ! Your kids will love this format and be challenged to grow deeper in their relationship with Jesus! After the hour is over, you will follow the Step 3 Gathering Plan to pick up your kids from Concord Kids. Your child’s classroom will be printed on their tag so be sure to look at it when you check them in.
We know many of you are already in an adult group or serving somewhere during one of the morning hours then going to worship the other hour. We also know that many are currently attending a worship service and haven’t yet connected to a group or aren’t serving somewhere so we want to do all we can to make it easy for you. We’d love for you to attend a group or serve on campus during the hour your 4th – 5th grader is attending their group, and then have them join you in worship during the other hour.
Elevate: Home Edition
It is truly important to Elevate God's Word in our homes and that's we are asking our Concord Kids families to do this semester. We are going to equip each family with a monthly Elevate kit that includes games, activities and more all designed to help your kids memorize verses from the Bible and hide them in their hearts. We are also going to have three Elevate Check-Point Nights where you can stop by our campus, have your kids say their verses and earn a yummy treat or cool prize and then head home. This is going to be an incredible way for us to partner with you in teaching your kids the Bible and inspiring them to follow Jesus with their lives.
Monthly Elevate Kits
- List of verses for that month
- Weekly lesson with Bible story, memory verse game, discussion questions and application.
- Includes any supplies for activities during the month
Elevate Check-Point Night
This would be a night for parents to bring their kids to an drop-in type experience. Kids would say their verses for us and get a special treat for doing so and then head out. We feel this would help motivate kids to participate in this. Not thinking they would hang out here long.
- 10/7 - Kona Ice
- 11/4 - TBD
- 12/2 - TBD
What to Expect
- Check-In:We are committed to keeping your child safe and secure while they are in Concord Kids, so every child is required to check into a computer and wear a security nametag. On your first visit, please see a volunteer at the Guest Check-In in the Elementary lobby who will help you check-in for the first time and assign your child to a small group.
- Small Group:Every child is assigned a small group where leaders will care for and teach your child and they can build friendships with their peers. This is where kids open the Bible and learn God’s Word, play games together and pray for one another. You will drop off and pick up your child using outside doors of their small group room.
- Large Group:During our Step 3 Gathering Plan, Concord Kids is not having any large groups.
- Pick Up:When Concord Kids is over, parents must show their security tag when picking up. A volunteer/staff member will match the code on the parent security tag with your child’s nametag. If either of you lose your tag, please see a Concord Kids volunteer in the Elementary lobby.
Which hour of Concord Kids should my child attend?
Concord Kids is offered at 9AM and 11AM. Both hours are different for children in Kindergarten-3rd grades. We encourage parents of 4th-5th graders to send their child to one hour of Concord Kids (either while parents are in a class or serving) and bring your child with you to worship for the other hour.
Where is the Elementary lobby?
The Concord Kids Elementary lobby is on the lower level of the Preschool/Children's Building, which is east of the tall worship center. We recommend that you park behind the building and take the elevator or stairs to the lower level.
There are no upcoming events for this ministry.