Big Weekend is the most awesome weekend of the year. It's an annual event where students get the chance to stay in homes all across the area with their friends, take part in awesome activities, stay up way too late, and most importantly hear from God. The weekend is filled with worship services, small group activities, amazing recreation, and more.
- When: March 7 - 10
- Who: Students in grades 6th - 12th
- Registration begins on JANUARY 9!
- Parent Packet
What is the student/leader ratio?
- We will not know the exact ratio until after registration closes, but our goal is to have one leader for every eight students.
Will my student need money?
- Your registration fee covers everything including rallies, sessions, t-shirt, all meals, and recreation. The only items not covered in your registration fee are snacks you may want to bring to your host home and any merchandise you may want to purchase from our speaker or band. (CDs, books, shirts, etc.).
Who are the Host Homes?
- Host homes are people within our church that love Jesus and love students. All are known individuals that we trust and have had adequate background checks.
Who will my student be spending time with?
- While this is a big event, students are broken down into homes. Students may request one person they would like to be in a home with. Homes are separated by grade and gender. We do our best to make sure every students is in a home with at least one friend.
What if I have a game/practice that weekend...can I still come?
- Yes! Parents will need to fill out a Time Away form. You will simply slip out when you need to go and return when you are done. We want you to be at whatever part of the weekend you can!
What's going on Thursday night?
- We kick BIG Weekend off on Thursday night to give us an early start to the weekend. Students will receive their host home assignment on Thursday night and then will return to their own home.
Where do I drop my student off on Friday night?
- Your student will receive their host home information on Thursday night. It will include the name of the Host Home, their address, and phone number. On Friday night you will take your student directly to their host home. This will give you the opportunity to meet the host home family and to know where your student will be for the weekend. High School students may drive to their host home, but transportation will be provided until Sunday morning when students will drive to the church.
What if I need to get in contact with someone?
- Sam Midgett, Student Pastor - 903-315-6710
- Casey Burt, Associate Student Pastor - 940-704-0274
- Caylee Braziel, Girls Ministry Director - 865-680-6080
What if my student has a food allergy?